As part of the SecureU initiative, the University of Connecticut has partnered up with Identity Finder, LLC to bring the
Identity Finder software to all faculty, staff, and students of the University of Connecticut free of charge!
Identity Finder is a special software that gives users the ability to find and protect sensitive data on their computer(s), helping to prevent data loss and identity theft.
Identity Finder reduces the risk of data leakage and identity theft by discovering and securing sensitive information across computers.
Built-in tools are included to shred, scrub, secure and quarantine vulnerable data in order to protect University of Connecticut constituents from data loss caused by spyware, viruses, lost laptops, and hackers.
Please select the version of Identity Finder that you would like more information about:
Help and SupportIf you run into any issues with Identity Finder that you are unable to resolve, please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions or the Tutorials page for possible solutions.
If you still need help, feel free to contact the UITS Help Center for support at:
(860) 486-4357 (HELP)
Identity Finder Basic Features
- Finds Credit Card Numbers, Passwords, SSNs, Bank Accounts, DOBs, Phone #s, Drivers Licenses, Personal Addresses, etc.
- Aggressive searching within the entire computer including removable drives and network drives and the system registry.
- Supports Shred (permanent delete using DOD specification)
- Supports Secure (application encryption or Identity Finder strong encryption)
- Supports Scrub (redact)
- Supports Quarantine (secure move)
- Extra security tools (File Vault, Shredder, Browser Security, System Cleanup)
- Supports Windows and Mac operating systems
- Fully integrated with Windows Explorer
- ...and much more!
- Identity Finder Features Datasheet (PDF)
- Installation How-To Guide (PDF)
- Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Computer Security Tips (PDF)